Quite a few people ask me about my morning juice regime, and I've often found myself describing the recipe verbally. Well here it is for reference - I credit this daily habit as largely responsible for my energy and capacity in what is a demanding role in a dynamic organisation. I've named it my "happy juice" literally because it gives me a general feeling of energy and well being, often within 10-20 minutes of consumption. It is also jam-packed full of bioactive nutrients, antioxidants and prebiotics. So, while it is wonderful for the short term effects, the drink contributes massively to ongoing health outcomes.
The Recipe (for 2 serves)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of raw organic cacao
- 1 heaped tablespoon if organic Maca powder
- 2 sachets if YOR Healt Berry Blast energy powdet
- 2 serves (approx a tablespoon) of YOR Health Supergreens
- Half to a whole teaspoon of turmeric powder (depends on taste)
- Half a red dragon fruit and/or 6-10 strawberries and/or a 125g punnet of blueberries, and/or half a cup of frozen berries
- 250ml of a quality juice or coconut water - I use a pomegranate and mangosteen juice available here in Singapore
I'll update this post soon with the research and benefits that each of the ingredients bring.